Pinched Nerve Treatment at Joga Chiropractic Center
Pinched nerves can put the squeeze on every aspect of your life, from everyday comfort and enjoyment of your favorite activities to your ability to perform your job. When nerve tissues become impinged by some other structure in the body, pain, motor control problems, and other upsetting neurological symptoms often follow. But if you're worried that a pinched nerve problem may drive you toward major surgery, take heart. Joga Chiropractic Center can provide safe, non-invasive treatment options to relieve the pressure on pinched nerves, restoring your physical control and eliminating your discomfort.
Understanding Nerve Impingement
Your nervous system is a complex network of nerves and nerves roots, all of which branch off from the spinal cord. The spinal cord and nerve roots are surrounded by various parts of the spinal column, including vertebrae and vertebral discs, with the nerve roots making their way through small spaces between these structures. It doesn't take much to shift one of these components onto a major nerve root. The resulting pressure limits the nerve root's ability to conduct signals to any or all of the nerves attached to it, just as squeezing a garden hose near the faucet can stop the flow of water to an entire sprinkler system. This can cause some very strange and debilitating symptoms such as shooting pains, "electric" tingling sensations, loss of sensation, and loss of function to various parts of the body.
What circumstances might cause a pinched nerve? The condition is commonly associated with:
- Weight gain - Both obesity and pregnancy can encourage lumbar nerve impingement.
- Injuries - Injuries can force vertebrae and discs out of position so that they press against nerves. Chronic injuries can also impinge nerves if tissues around the nerve swell up.
- Degenerative conditions - Bone spurs, osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, and bulging discs can all contribute to nerve impingement.
- Spinal alignment problems - Any condition that allows the spine to fall out of alignment can lead to nerve root compression.
Non-Surgical Answers From Our Chiropractor in Westchester
Our chiropractor in Westchester, Dr. Viktorija Joga, can relieve your pinched nerves safely and non-surgically. The first step is performing a detailed exam to find the exact points where the impingement is occurring, as well as the underlying reason for the impingement. Depending on what we find, we may administer a combination of therapies such as:
- Spinal adjustments to move misaligned spinal structures away from nerve roots
- Extremity adjustments to relieve pinched nerves originating in hands, feet, arms or legs
- Massage therapy to relieve any soft tissue tension/swelling that pinches your nerves
- Core training exercises and lifestyle advice to help you maintain a healthier posture and alignment going forward
Get the Neurological Help You Need in West Los Angeles
Don't let a pinched nerve plague you with a lifetime or neurological symptoms. Stop that impingement at its source by calling Joga Chiropractic Center at 424-800-2488 for pinched nerve treatment in West Los Angeles!