Natural Back Pain Relief with Our Los Angeles Chiropractor
Dr. Joga has been a Los Angeles chiropractor for a long time, and a large number of the patients we see at our clinic come in with the primary complaint of lower back pain. Such a common condition truly has such a wide presentation, number of causes, and number of potential treatments to which it will respond—come find out how our natural and non-invasive services can help you find relief, without drugs!
Common Causes & Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
Our patients with lower back pain often complain of dull or achy pain in the low back and buttocks, spinal stiffness, decreased mobility in their hamstrings and hip flexors (e.g., they can't touch their toes), muscle tenderness, and decreased tolerance to exercising, sitting, or standing. If a nerve is being compressed somewhere in their spine, they may also complain of numbness, weakness, tingling and nerve pain (often feels like burning, shooting, stabbing, radiating, or searing) in whichever leg is partially innervated by the affected nerve. These symptoms can worsen depending on several factors including time of day, whether a person gains excessive weight, or if the patient has a physically demanding job or (alternatively) a highly sedentary lifestyle.
Specific diagnoses which we can identify during a comprehensive initial consultation (based on patient and family history, symptom presentation, and physical tests) include:
- Lumbar radiculopathy (nerve compression, often called sciatica if the sciatic nerve is being compressed)
- Disc herniation or bulge
- Spinal ligament sprains
- Muscle strains and spasms
- Spinal joint misalignments and acute locks
How Our Chiropractor in West Los Angeles Diagnoses & Treats Lower Back Pain
Understanding what factor or factors are contributing to your spinal pain can help us devise and implement an appropriate treatment plan that will address your needs and your lifestyle and health goals. Our chiropractor in West Los Angeles offers several techniques to do this, including:
- Chiropractic adjustments, including the tool-assisted Graston technique, reduce spasms and scar tissue formation, realign the many spinal joints within your back, relieve pressure on spinal nerves, and trigger the release of pain mediating transmitters within the nervous system to effectively provide back pain relief
- Massage therapy relaxes spasms and can accelerate healing from acute and chronic injuries by increasing circulation of oxygen-rich blood and lymph fluid
- Exercises can be prescribed and instructed so that the patient will learn how to increase the flexibility, strength, endurance, and overall dynamic balance of their postural muscles
Connect With Our Los Angeles Chiropractor for Natural Lower Back Pain Treatment & Relief
At the Joga Chiropractic Center, our Westchester and Los Angeles chiropractor is happy to help you find a natural solution to your lower back pain and get you the relief you want. Contact us today at 424-800-2488 with your questions or to schedule an initial consultation.