What to Expect in Whiplash Treatment after a Car Accident
Auto accidents and other sudden jarring events can often result in the need to find a reliable source for whiplash treatment. Should this happen to you, the doctors and staff at Joga Chiropractic Center offer the latest in chiropractic care in Westchester that can get you back to your normal activities without pain or drugs as quickly as possible
What You Can Expect with Whiplash Treatment
Preparing for your Appointment
If you have been involved in a car accident that involves any kind of blow from behind, it is important to give us a call and schedule an appointment as quickly as possible. The symptoms of whiplash often do not appear until hours or days after an accident. Early treatment ensures the effects of your injury or minimized.
Before your consultation for whiplash treatment you should be prepared to give our staff details of the injury event as week as well as answer these questions:
- Does movement cause worse pain?
- How would you rate your pain on a scale from one to ten?
- What symptoms are you experiencing?
- How long after your accident did you first notice your symptoms?
- Do you exercise regularly?
- Have you had a neck and/or back pain in the past?
- Have you tried any other treatments or medications for pain relief? If so, how has that affected you?
- What other medications do you take on a regular basis, including herbal medicines or other dietary supplements?
During Your Examination
During your examination, your doctor will touch your arms, neck, and head. You will also be asked to perform simple tasks that enable your doctor to determine:
- Reflexes, strength, and sensation in your limbs
- Tenderness in the neck, shoulders or back
- Range of motion in your neck and shoulders
- Degree of motion that causes pain or an increase in pain
Though they don’t always show abnormal changes, your doctor will probably order one or more imaging tests to rule out any other conditions that worsen your neck pain. These can include:
- X-rays – Dislocations, fractures and most forms of arthritis can be identified with X-rays taken of different angles of the neck.
- Computerized tomography (CT) – It offers a cross-sectional image of bones and joints that conventional X-rays do not.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Uses a magnetic field and radio waves to produce a detailed 3-D image of the area of injury.
If you suspect have sustained a whiplash injury and need chiropractic care in Westchester, call us at 424-800-2488. We are here to offer you professional and gentle care that offers a pain-free life.
8929 S Sepulveda Blvd #100
Los Angeles, CA 90045