Our Chiropractor in Los Angeles, CA Answers FAQ’s Regarding Knee Pain
As a Los Angeles chiropractor, Dr. Viktorija Joga has worked with thousands of children, adults, and seniors struggling with knee pain. She and her team at Joga Chiropractic are happy to take the time to answer your questions about this condition and help you get drug-free relief.
What Are Common Knee Pain Conditions and Symptoms?
We see knee pain in all sorts of patients: athletes, young students, seniors, and hardworking adults. The knee is often affected by conditions such as:
- Osteoarthritis: inflammation within the joint, typically associated with advancing age, that leads to deterioration of inner joint cartilage, bony spurs, and joint derangement
- Gout: another type of arthritis caused by the build-up of metabolic compounds called uric acid crystals inside the knee
- Ligament sprains and tears: sports injury and trauma can strain the muscles, ligaments, tendons, meniscus, and bursae around the joint and cause inflammation, swelling, instability (the knee may feel like it will "buckle"), and the sensation of popping or clicking
- Runner's knee: pain on the front of the knee due to damage on the underside of the knee cap (patella); typically due to repetitive high impact associated with running, jumping, etc.
Knee pain can also occur if osteoarthritis in the hip or nerve impingement in the lower back "sends" pain down to the knee joint, due to nervous system and connective tissue communication.
What Causes Knee Pain?
As for what led to your knee pain condition in the first place, a few common risk factors supported by research include:
- Advancing age
- Overweight and obesity
- Poor posture (including flat or overly-arched feet, abnormal hip alignment, and frequent slouching while standing)
- Acute trauma
Factors such as stress, job dissatisfaction, poor nutrition, and cigarette smoking may also prolong your symptoms or make them worse.
What Can a Chiropractor in Los Angeles Do For Knee Pain?
Our chiropractor in Los Angeles can address knee pain without drugs or invasive procedures. Our services can alleviate symptoms as well as resolve the underlying factors contributing to your injury or condition. For instance:
- Graston technique: break up scar tissue in the quads, hamstrings, and other lower leg tissues to restore range of motion
- Massage therapy: increase local blood flow to reduce swelling and relieve pain
- Chiropractic adjustments: reduce strain on the knee associated with poor posture, realign joints, and stimulate pain relief
Come to Joga Chiropractic for Holistic Healing and Healthy Joints
Contact Joga Chiropractic at 424-800-2488 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor. We can help you alleviate your knee pain and prevent it from returning so you can resume your active lifestyle ASAP!