Discover Natural Knee Pain Treatment & Relief at Joga Chiropractic in Los Angeles, CA
The knee is a fairly stable hinge joint that is involved in just about every weight-bearing task you do throughout the day. When knee pain and dysfunction occur, everything from your leisure life to your work life can be impacted. Our Los Angeles chiropractor, Dr. Viktorija Joga, meets children, men, and women who are being held back by knee pain, and she's proud to provide her innovative and drug-free services to facilitate thorough and efficient healing.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain can occur in people of all ages and health backgrounds. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Acute injuries, including ligament sprains, meniscus tears, and muscle strains
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Osteoarthritis, gout, and other types of inflammatory joint conditions
- Referred pain from the hip or even the spine (if a nerve is being compressed)
- Patellar dislocation
We see a lot of these conditions in sports. This includes patellofemoral pain syndrome, runner's knee, and iliotibial band syndrome. Factors such as overweight, medical and family history, overuse, and personal injury can also increase a person's risk for knee pain and dysfunction.
Knee Pain Symptoms
People who complain of knee pain often report symptoms such as:
- Dull, achy, throbbing, or sore pain
- Pain may be diffuse throughout the joint or in one focal area (e.g., inside the knee, on the outside of the knee, etc.)
- A feeling or sensation of clicking, popping, and instability
- The knee may occasionally buckle
- Increased pain when kneeling, going up stairs, rising from a chair, etc.
- Swelling and tenderness
There may also be related conditions such as shortened leg muscles (especially the hamstrings, calves, and iliotibial bands), altered knee position, and altered hip flexibility/alignment.
Knee Pain Treatment Offered by Our Chiropractor in Los Angeles
Our chiropractor in Los Angeles has plenty of services she can offer you if you've been experiencing knee pain:
- Exercises: learn rehabilitation exercises to regain strength and stability at the knee, improve leg muscle flexibility, and improve tissue healing
- Massage therapy: increase the blood and lymph circulation around the knee to assist with healing and anti-inflammation
- Chiropractic care: get adjustments which realign your spine and pelvis (in the case referred pain is an issue) and trigger widespread pain relief
The focus of treatment is to identify the factors contributing to or causing your knee pain and address these while at the same time providing knee pain relief.