Our Chiropractor in West Los Angeles Provides Non-Invasive & Drug-Free Herniated Disc Treatment
A herniated disc is an often misunderstood condition which often times responds positively to chiropractic care offered by our chiropractor in West Los Angeles. We'd be happy to get you into our clinic for natural healing and relief!
About Spinal Disc Herniation’s: Symptoms and Causes
A spinal disc is a gel-filled structure sandwiched in between your vertebral bones. These discs provide shock absorption and permit mobility within the spinal column. Sometimes, typically due to wear and tear or acute injury (even seemingly minor "straw that broke the camel's back" injuries), the disc's inner fluid can leak out through a rupture in its outer fibrous layer. This is a disc herniation (note that the disc doesn't "slip out of place," but rather itself becomes injured).
A spinal disc herniation may or may not lead to symptoms, and it generally depends on the extent of encroachment other nearby connective tissue structures, such as nerve, muscle, or ligament. If symptoms do develop, they can include: localized tenderness and muscle guarding at the level of the herniation, stiffness in the spine, decreased the range of motion, and pain, numbness, and tingling in an arm or leg.
Disc herniation’s are most common in the cervical spine and lumbar spine (neck and lower back, respectively). You may be at greater risk of sustaining one if you:
- Have a physically demanding job and/or perform frequent lifting and moving of heavy objects (especially if you use poor body mechanics while doing so!)
- Have a history of back injury
- Are overweight
- Are a smoker
- Are a male between the age of 35-50
Why Seeing a Westchester Chiropractor for Herniated Disc Treatment Is Essential
Our Westchester chiropractor can get you in for non-invasive herniated disc treatment ASAP. Expect relief from services such as:
- Spinal decompression, to alleviate pressure on nerves and attract healing molecules into the injured disc
- Graston technique, to relieve tension and spasms in reflexively guarding muscles
- Trunk stabilization exercises, including core training, to increase the endurance, effectiveness, and balance of your postural muscles
Looking for Leg & Back Pain Relief Near You?
As a West Los Angeles chiropractor, Dr. Viktorija Joga has helped hundreds of patients from the Westchester area recover from pain and dysfunction related to disc herniation’s, and in many cases, avoid surgery and minimize or eliminate the use of pain-relieving drugs. If you're in need of leg or back pain relief and would like to schedule an initial appointment, contact Joga Chiropractic today by calling 424-800-2488.