Back pain is a common problem among adults in Westchester, West Los Angeles, and Santa Monica. At Joga Chiropractic Center in Westchester CA, we help patients manage their chronic pain and recover from back injuries. Below are some of the most common questions we answer about back pain treatment in Westchester.
What causes back pain?
There are many different causes for back pain in Westchester CA.
- Poor lifting and twisting techniques.
- Poor ergonomics.
- Repetitive motions.
- Sports injury.
- Personal injury.
- Occupational injury.
- Car accident injury.
What is a subluxation?
Subluxations occur when the spinal cord is pressed upon by the vertebrae. Subluxations can inhibit proper functioning of the central nervous system and can cause pain, tingling, numbness and limited range of motion for the patient. Some subluxations occur as the result of injuries, others happen because of specific habits, poor ergonomics, and other environmental reasons.
What can your chiropractor do to treat back pain in Westchester CA?
Your chiropractor can treat back pain in Westchester using spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a method wherein your chiropractor realigns the vertebrae and relieves pressure on the spinal cord.
Spinal adjustment helps improve communication in the central nervous system and prevents the brain from sending mixed signals to the body. In this way, spinal adjustment can improve the overall functioning and performance of the body. In addition, your chiropractor can use the following techniques to relieve your back pain:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that chiropractors use to improve blood flow, reduce muscle tension and improve range of motion in injured areas. Massage therapy is a very effective technique for relieving muscle pain due to stress.
- Stretches and exercises. Chiropractors teach patients to do stretches and exercises that will strengthen the muscles and reduce muscle stiffness.
- Nutrition counseling. Nutrition counseling helps patients manage their weight. This helps patients avoid back pain related to obesity.
- Lifestyle advice. Many patients can reduce their back pain by making healthy changes to their habits and behaviors.
What are the benefits of chiropractic care over other forms of treatment for back pain?
Chiropractic care is all natural, non-invasive and involves no addictive medications. In addition, chiropractic care is designed to restore proper functionality to the body. Whereas medications only mask the pain, chiropractic care treats the pain at its source.
Chiropractic care is especially healthy for people who have chronic back pain. Chiropractic treatments offer a safe alternative to using pain medications on a long-term basis.
Where can you see a chiropractor in West Los Angeles?
If you experience chronic back pain or if you've recently injured your back, come see us at Joga Chiropractic Center. Our chiropractor, Dr. Viktorija Joga, can help you get the care you need in order to manage your pain. Call us today at 424-800-2488 to make an appointment.